Let's Go Castle Hunting!

Hey, travelers!!

During my travels around Europe last summer, I visited several castles in awe of the rich history and beautiful architecture. Castles are always a good place to visit when traveling. You'll be able to see its antiquated nature and how people lived in these magnificent homes back in the day.

I was able to visit three castles when I was in Europe. One was in Slovenia and the other two were in Italy. All three of them were from different time frames with different backgrounds. I remember standing within these castle walls and soaking in the feeling of curiosity. I'm grateful I was able to experience and learn about these castles.

Ljubljana Castle - Ljubljana, Slovenia
This castle was absolutely stunning. Rested upon a mountain top with a view of the whole city, it has the ability to take your breath away. This castle is the main landmark of the capital. It has its own dragon exhibit, restaurants, and chapel among many other attributes. The castle was a medieval fortress built in the 11th century! Imagine all the history held within this castle.



Castello di Miramare - Trieste, Italia
This castle was so beautifully built in such a calming location. Sitting on a cliff of the Adriatic Sea, this castle was sure to take your stress away. In my opinion, this castle was the most aesthetically pleasing out of the three I visited. It was originally built for an Austrian Archduke and his wife in the mid 1800s. The amazing thing about this castle is that it has all its original furniture and artwork in great condition. As a visitor, you were able to visualize the lifestyle the residents had. Another important thing I must note: they had the best gelato I've tried throughout Italy so far.


Castello di Arco - Trento, Italia
This castle had the best view I've ever seen. Surrounded by gorgeous mountains and sitting on a cliff, this castle would blow your mind. The first thing to note: the hike up is quite tough and elevated, so be prepared for that. But, the view is so worth it. This castle was built in 1000AD and is currently in ruins. Along the walls, you can see old fresco paintings from this time frame. How amazing is that?! Originally, it was one of the biggest castles, but it has deteriorated over the years. The thing that really gets to me is the fact it is still standing to this day, and also the amazing view that surrounds this castle. If you are ever in this area, it is definitely worth visiting.

If castles are on your bucket list, I hope this post piqued your interest and provided you with some insight of what it's like to visit a castle. All three castles are amazing with outstanding views. I highly recommend visiting any of these castles if you are ever in the area.





Comments