Amsterdam - Having a 'DAM good time!

Hey, travelers! For this post, I wanted to give you a short story of my experience in Amsterdam. Let's begin!

DAY 1
I landed in Amsterdam airport after a three hour flight. I was starving, so I decided to get some food in the airport. After living in Italy for several weeks now, I habitually greeted the person taking my order by saying "Ciao!" but she spoke fluent English. It was refreshing to be able to speak English after a long time not being surrounded by it. My friend and I left the airport in a taxi, and the taxis in Amsterdam were Teslas! That's when I knew I was going to enjoy this place. It was so technologically advanced.
After arriving to the hotel, my friends and I decided to get something to eat. Our data didn't work in Amsterdam (weird), so we had to use a map to find our way. We walked for quite some time in the 50-degree summer weather until we finally lost hope of finding the location of this bar and grill. Then, a guy offers to help us out. We were sketched out and ready to pounce if he ever tried to do anything dangerous. But, two of his friends came up from behind him and we felt safe because they were so friendly and outgoing! The night was about to be eventful, no doubt. We were walking to the bar, and it turns out they were headed there themselves! Was it fate? I thought so! They told us about staying away from the bike lanes or else we'd get run over (haha). Within five minutes of walking, we reached the bar. We drank mixed drinks, local dutch beer, ate dutch appetizers, and laughed the night away! They treated for everything, too, which was extremely generous. Later, they took us to a club and we had so much fun dancing to some techno music and drinking, to name a few. Did I mention they paid for everything?! Yup, super lucky we ran into them.

DAY 2
Rise & shine!! Eventful day!! My friends and I had a whole itinerary planned to do stuff.
First stop: First, we went to the Vincent van Gogh museum. It was so awesome to see his paintings and drawings in person. The museum had several floors, a great collection of his artwork. As you go up each floor, you will see his work start to advance and new techniques being used as well as learn about his life and family. I thought the layout of the museum was genius. In the other side of the museum, there was a Japanese inspired exhibit as well and I love Japan, so that was a treat.
After visiting the museum, my friend and I went to a coffeeshop to get coffee and other things. We spent some time there unwinding and laughing!
Next stop: The Heineken Experience!!! This was super cool to see. We were able to see the history of the beer company, see how it's brewed, and go on a little "ride." Once the tour was over, we entered the heineken bar filled with people and drank some fresh-brewed heineken beer!
Next stop: Boat Tour! We went through the canal that went through all of Amsterdam. The city was beautiful, and it felt great to finally relax and take in the views of the city.

DAY 3
Up early for another day of fun! My friends and I went to the Banksy Museum. I never heard of who he was, so learning about him while "litty" was a fun experience. His artwork spoke volumes and could be interpreted in many ways. To this day, I think it's awesome how no one know what he looks like. Here are a couple pieces I loves the most:

Next, we visited the Amsterdam sign to take some touristy photos. I ate some dutch pancakes after the mini photoshoot and OMG bomb! Best pancakes in the world


To end the trip, me and my friends walked to a park and relaxed. Before heading back to the hotel, we went to the theater and watched Ocean 8. If I'm being honest, I don't remember the movie that much, but it feels cool to say "I watched a movie in Amsterdam." Haha.

Put shortly, that was my weekend in Amsterdam! Do you plan on visiting The Netherlands?




Comments